Friday, September 12, 2008

Palin and the Bush Doctrine

During her first major interview, Gov. Palin was asked about the Bush Doctrine and she had no clue what Charlie Gibson was talking about. This makes me incredibly uncomfortable. This person, who could be one heartbeat from the presidency, doesn't know the Bush Doctrine, which is the single largest change to American foreign policy in the last 40 years.

But this wasn't even the most telling part of the interview. The most mind blowing section to me was when see was asked if see was prepared for the presidency. In short, she said I didn't even blink when he asked me. This type of arrogance truly scares me. I mean, wouldn't any rational person need to think about it, do some soul searching and decide if they were really ready. I think this kind of arrogance speak volumes about how she would lead and must be avoided.

Here some other thoughts:

The Atlantic Monthly article
NY Times article

No comments: