Thursday, September 06, 2007

Random thoughts

First I am typing this note from my iPhone while sitting at the laudrymat, which is nice. Although I am limited in my linking abilities. Anyway, here are just some random thoughts:

-the "Petraeus" report about the state of Iraq, which the media is hyping as the end all be all of opinions on Iraq, is not being written by Gen. Petraeus, but the White House. So that's interesting. Full Story

-AP, Reuters, and the French wire services are all boycotting coverage of the rugby world cup, due to coverage restrictions...I wonder if they are doing this to show to the NFL they have the balls to do it. Although, I must say it does create an odd prescedence. The whole not covering a bond fide news event to prove a point. Full Story

-LostRemote.com is talking about Microsoft's Silverlight...a new video streaming format I am not familiar with Full Story

-Apple seems to have pissed off investors by dropping the price of the iPhone too fast, but I bought one only because they dropped the price so who know. Either way the stock is down about 2%

That's it for now.

No comments: