Monday, October 03, 2005

Cultural Immersion

So as part of the Digital Storytelling Masters Program at Ball State University I need to do a cultural immersion. The requirement for this program is to emerge myself into a different culture for at least four-weeks. I have been slowly, but surely coming up with ideas. Basically I am looking for somewhere to go which is rather cheap, well because I am poor, and a place I might be able to pick-up some kind of side work. Here are a couple ideas:

1) Across America by Rails - For this I would jump on the Amtrak and ride, ride, ride. I would look at the cutural on the train and off the train.

2) Anchorage, Alaska - I think it would be a lot different up there then here in Muncie or over in Youngstown. They also have TV stations, so maybe I could pick-up some kind of vacation relief work or something.

3) London - You know...why not?

If you have any ideas, please get in touch with me. I am looking to go to any city for really any amount of time during next summer. Well I guess my time limits would be between mid-May and mid-August.

No comments: