Thursday, October 06, 2005

Life Skateboards

Well I started production on my second major work since I came out here. My first one for all of you who don't remember was going down south to cover a very small slice of the aftermath of Katrina. I have cut a one and half minute little sample piece for Ball State to use and now I am working on a long piece from the Katrina footage about the role of faith in times of tragedy. Anyways, today we started shooting just generic b-roll for a 15-20 minute piece on 'Life Skateboards,' a Christian skateshop and skatepark. We are honestly not sure exactly what the story will be, but it will generally focus around the juxtaposition of skateboard, a gritty, extreme sport, with Christianity, generally a very ritualistic and tranquil religion. Anyway as with any idea I post up here I would really appreciate any comments or suggestions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just please don;t make it something like "Jesus is my skateboard"

=)