Thursday, January 05, 2006

Did the BCS get it right?

I have been a huge fan of major college football ever since our hometown coach, Jim Tressel, left my alma mater and when down to Columbus to coach The Ohio State University Buckeyes and during those last five years I have always hated how the Bowl Championship Series works. But now I sit here on Thursday thinking that I have seen three of the best days of football in my life. Of the four BCS games, the Fiesta Bowl, the Sugar Bowl, the Orange Bowl, and the Rose Bowl, three of them were with in three points and came down to the last seconds or over time. The only game that wasn't with in three points was a battle between two of the most storied teams in college football, OSU and Notre Dame, and it really was still a game up until five or six minutes left in the forth. So my question is did the BCS get it right? Were these the best eight teams and best four games they could be?

Also a sidenote about the BCS...You can purchase highlights from the four BCS bowl games from the iTunes store. I looked quick and the Fiesta Bowl file is over seventeen minutes and is priced at the iTunes regular $1.99.

No comments: