Saturday, January 28, 2006

Prediction

Well as many of you know my thesis is going to use scenario forecasting to try to predict how new media is going to effect the political process. I figured I would start doing some forecasting right here at the Media Dork. Here it is:

2006 is going to be a huge midterm election.

What can I say? I'm a genius. Seriously, 2006 is shaping out to be very interesting. CNN has a poll today that says, "A majority of Americans are more likely to vote for a candidate in November's congressional elections who opposes President Bush, and 58 percent consider his second term a failure so far..."

And it is interesting to think of how 2006 will set-up 2008...a year where there is no succession candidate on either side of the aisle. Should be an interesting three years of politics.

I included that pic of Bush just because it makes me laugh.

No comments: