Thursday, August 09, 2007

AEJMC Day One

So I have successfully made it to Washington D.C. for the 90th annual* Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication conference. I started looking through the program and I must say I am a little disappointed in the low number of political comm stuff, but there is a good deal of very interesting journalism panels. Here is one I found:

Community Journalism Interest Group
Refereed Paper Research Session: Online Expressions of Community Journalism
Moderating/Presiding: Jack Rosenberry, St. John Fisher
-Weeklies and the Web: A Study of Newspaper Managers and the State of Their Online Editions*
Jennifer Wood Adams, Auburn
-Media Roles and Audience Engagement: Relationships Between Perceptions of Journalists’ Functions and Uses of Interactive Features Deborah Chung, Kentucky
-Connecting Virtual and Geographic Communities: Toward a New Model of Journalism in Bluffton, S.C. Heidi Fedak, Kansas


There is also a panel lead by former Ball State prof, Dr. Bob Papper, entitled "The Future of News," which includes Bob Garfield, from PBS's On The Media, and Tom Rosenstiel of the Project for Excellence in Journalism.

So although this conference seems to be lacking on the poli comm stuff. I should be able to find something to do.


*I am not sure if it is actually the 90th, but I thought that is what I saw

No comments: