Friday, August 31, 2007

OSU Football

Ahhh...college football is back. In less than 28 hours The Ohio State University will begin its 118th season with a home game against division 1-AA Youngstown State University. This is promising to be a great game* and a great season.

What I love most about Buckeye's football is the sense of community that radiates from the city on gamedays. Scarlet and gray takes over the city. You can go anywhere inside the loop and scream "O-H" at the top of your lungs and not only will people not be creeped out and annoyed by you, but at least a few will return an "I-O". Over 100,000 fans will make the trip to the horseshoe for each of the 7 homes games this season and countless others will pack bars and living rooms across the city and country to watch the games.

This season is different for me than any of my other years as a Buckeye's fan. This time around this is my team and this is my city. I have always had a little bit of an outsider complex as a Bucks fan. But now I am an OSU student who lives a mile and a half from the Ohio Stadium and there is no outsider complex. I am a Buckeye.

Dispatch Bucks Coverage
2007 OSU Football Commercial
OSU O-H-I-O Archive
Youngstown Vindicator Coverage

*Blatant lie

No comments: