Thursday, September 29, 2005

Some things...

As you could probably notice by my lack of blogging, I have been fairly busy with my first semester of grad school. I think I just got a little overwhelmed for a week or so, but anyway I think I'll be back to blogging regulary as of now. Anyways, here are the things that have been keeping me busy:

1) A quantitative and qualitative look at the emotional response from cellcasting news - This a survey/focus group comparative study on the emotional response people feel when they view news package on cell phones compared to regular television.

2) Looking towards 2008: New Media's effect on the political process - This is a paper where I'll be trying to predict the role of the Internet/New Media in the 2008 Presidential Election.

3) NewsLink Indiana - Again NewsLink is where I work as a graduate assistant.

Here are a few things I find cool:

1)Clinton Presidential Material Project - has working archive copies of all of the different versions of whitehouse.gov

2)Archive.org - This is just cool and I don't understand how it works. If you enter nearly any site into the way back machine you can see old index files dating back for a long time.

3)OpenSecrets.org - Cool site to find out where politicians are getting their campaign money.

4)Homework Express - The show that I co-creator during my undergrad finally launched its first full season the other day, so congrats to them.

Well I am out for now, but I should be back to blogging regularly now.

No comments: