Thursday, August 25, 2005

ICom 690

So I picked up a class, ICom 690. It is a directed study class and we are looking at storytelling for alternative distribution platforms. This includes various different media, but it looks like we are going to be focusing on DVD, podcasting, and cell casting video stories. We are trying to do this in connection with some new Microsoft software, should be pretty cool.

The other thing I found very interesting about this class was I was the only American student in the class. I found this mind boggling, considering I'm in Muncie, Indiana. Hell, they put the mid in MidWest. Anyway, the class is composed of two men, one German and then me, and three women, one from France, one New Zealand and one from the United Arab Emirates.

One week into a two-year program, I am already amazingly impressed by this university and the education, be it classroom or cultural I'll will receive.

No comments: