Friday, August 05, 2005

MSNBC movie trailers

So I saw a headline on MSNBC.com asking, "Is Evan Rachel Wood the next great actress?" And I thought to myself, "I'd like to know the answer to that," so I followed the link. There was a story about her upcoming movie, "Pretty Persuasion," and there was a link to see the trailer. I wanted to see the trailer, so I again followed the link. My wireless network isn't the fastest in the world, so I waited for a while as it buffered. Then it finally started playing...but what did it play? A fifteen second ad for...yeah you guess it...a Microsoft product, Microsoft Office Live Meeting to be precise.

I do not mind advertising in video content, because we in the television industry are going to have to start doing something like that if we are going to survive. But to make me watch ad before I watch an ad, that is craziness. Seriously, it's not like Microsoft spent money producing that content or something and hell, I wonder if they are even hosting it. Either way I know Apple doesn't make me watch a commercial to watch their trailers.

No comments: