Thursday, August 04, 2005

Chalk me up as impressed again

I must say I was very disappointed to find out that the Youngstown/Warren area, where I am moving out of next week, was ranked the forth best golf city in the country in a recent article in Golf Digest. I mean don't get me wrong, I have always thought that we had good golfing here, such our 36-hole Donald Ross masterpiece at Mill Creek Park. But I really expected there to be better golf cities out there. Cities with tons of nice golf course. I guess I was wrong. For note: The Youngstown/Warren region was the highest ranked city north of the Mason-Dixon line and out ranked golf meccas, such as Myrtle Beach and all of California.

2 comments:

jessafran said...

there are over 10 courses in delaware county (muncie area) alone. the best is the player's club. or at least that i have found. there's also a great driving range that's enclosed including a heating unit... i will find the name of it and post it sometime...

hope the move goes well. and hope you don't mind my tips on how a buckeye turns into a hoosier...

Nick Geidner said...

Well that's good. At least I know there are some places for me to golf out there and thanks agin for the well wishes.